Camp Curiosity – Summer 2023
Spark your curiosity this summer with weekly camps for K-6th grade explorers! Each grade level has multiple exciting experiences to choose from.
Interested in the following camps? Email email@example.com
- Kindergarten Under the Sea (June 12-16)
- 3rd/4th Innovation Station (August 7-11)
Interested in other camps? Join our waitlist!
- Campers should be registered for the grade they will be entering in Fall 2023.
- All 1st – 6th grade camps run Monday – Friday from 9 am – 4 pm.
- All Kindergarten camps run Monday – Friday from 9 am – 12 pm.
- If you do not see your child’s grade level or the program you are looking for is sold out, please join our waitlist!
If registration is full and you are interested in joining our waitlist, click here.
Questions? Check out our Summer Camp FAQ. If additional questions, please call our help desk at (916) 674-5000 ext. 104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that availability is first come, first serve. This schedule shows all programs offered and is not updated with availability. Click the registration link to view availability or give us a call at (916) 674-5000 ext. 104.
- Member price: $315 per camper per week
- Non-member price: $335 per camper per week
- Kindergarten half-day program member price: $145 per camper per week
- Kindergarten half-day program non-member price: $165 per camper per week
Please note: All Kindergarten programs are half-day programs. Kindergarten programs will run from 9:00am – 12:00pm, with pick-up between 12:00pm – 12:15pm. Campers will not eat lunch at camp but will have snack time each day. Please send your camper with a snack for this time. Aftercare is not available for kindergarten campers.
- Jr. Naturalist: Curious about the natural world all around us? Dive into camp and explore the plants, animals, and insects in our local Sacramento ecosystem! From discovering the lifecycle of a plant to learning how animals help nature, campers will experiment, design, and connect with the natural world all week long.
- Super Star Scientists: Star light, star bright, what do you see at night? Become an astronomer for the week and explore the moon, stars, planets, and other objects found in the night sky!
- Construction Zone: Grab your toolbox and head to Camp Curiosity, because we’re ready to get building! Campers join the crew as they explore construction, deconstruction, and everything in between while creating their own cardboard houses. This camp week will lay the foundation for a curious and creative camper to dream big!
- Under the Sea: Dive into a fun-filled week exploring the ocean! Explore the place sea creatures of all sizes call home, learn about marine plants, and discover how to be a friend to the ocean. This camp week is sure to make a big splash!
- Animals Around the World: Who runs the world? Animals! Animals are everywhere and come in all different shapes, sizes, colors, and patterns. Campers will investigate different ecosystems and explore the animals that call those places home. From jaguars in the rainforest to humpback whales in the ocean, campers will travel the world in only 5 days!
- Cosmic Explorers: Time to blast off to outer space! Campers will design their own rocket, explore the planets, and imagine life beyond our Solar System. It’s about to get out of this world, Cosmic Explorers!
- Excellent Engineers: Engineers are real-life superheroes! They solve everyday problems and imagine new solutions to help our communities. Campers will think like engineers all week long as they follow the engineering design process to create a prototype that solves the challenge of their choice!
- Unseen Science: Science is all around us, even when we can’t see it! Explore the unseen science of light, sound, electricity, and more in a tangible way. This camp week will certainly be electrifying!
- Animal Occupations: Humans aren’t the only animals that work all day – whales fertilize the ocean, elephants dig wells, beavers engineer dams! Explore the many animal jobs and how they work together to build and maintain their ecosystems.
- Mission to Mars: Ground control to Camp Curiosity, we’re ready for our mission to the red planet! Curious about life on Mars? Hop on board and get ready to explore! Campers will design their own planet explorer machines, work together to design and create a Mars neighborhood, and explore life on the red planet.
- Innovation Station: Engineers, assemble here! Innovative solutions are all around us! Campers will lead with creativity as they discover that challenges are opportunities to reimagine, improve, and inspire. We will explore the many creative solutions we use each day and how they have improved over time, and then campers will design and build their own innovative solutions!
- Science of Magic: Abracadabra! Alakazam! Enter the magical world of MOSAC and discover the science behind magic. Campers will practice magic tricks, explore the science behind them, and present a magic show to families and guests on the last day of this camp week.
- Planet Protectors: Calling all nature lovers! Learn about endangered animals, conservation efforts, and how we can lend a helping hand to our natural world. Together, we can make the Earth a better place and protect all that call this planet home.
- Survivor Challenge: Think you have what it takes to survive in the wild? This week, campers will be put to the test in this survival challenge! They will build their own shelter, learn how to purify water, and find food sources all while learning teamwork, engineering, and problem-solving skills.
- Astronaut Engineers: Curious about how space missions are created? Join us during this camp week to learn all about how space missions are designed, developed, and launched! Campers will spend time throughout the week in our maker space design lab using real tools as they imagine and engineer their own mission out of this world.
REQUIRED FORMS TO BE COMPLETED:
Camp Liability and Medical Release (hard copy)
Camp Liability and Medical Release (electronic submission)
Camp Curiosity Cancellation Rescheduling Form (hard copy)
Camp Curiosity Cancellation Rescheduling Form (electronic submission)
Drop-Off and Pick-Up:
- Drop-off will take place at the Riverfront patio at the far end of our parking lot from 8:40 am-9:05 am.
- Pick-up will take place at the Riverfront patio at the far end of our parking lot from 3:45 pm-4:05 pm.
- Kindergarten: Pick-up will take place at the Riverfront patio at the far end of our parking lot from 12:00 pm-12:15 pm for kindergarten campers.
- Aftercare after camp can be purchased at a rate of $80 per camper per week for care until 5:00 pm, which must be purchased separately for the correct camp week (can be used for any to all days of the week). Cost after 5:00 pm will be billed at $1/minute.
- Aftercare is offered for campers in 1st – 6th grade. Kindergarten campers cannot attend aftercare.
- Aftercare registration will open at the same time as camp registration.
- We follow all policies reflected in county and state ordinances. We will encourage the best health and safety practices for all participants.
MOSAC: Camp Curiosity
Camp Curiosity – Spring 2023
Spring Camp 2023 is full! Please join our waitlist, click here.
Questions? Check out our Spring Camp FAQ. If additional questions, please call our help desk at (916) 674-5000 ext. 104.
MOSAC: Up Close
Join us this spring for an up-close look at the SMUD Museum of Science and Curiosity! Each day we will dive deeper into a different hands-on exhibit! Explore the solar system, investigate nature, play science-based games, try your hand at engineering, and more! Spark your curiosity at MOSAC’s Spring Break Camp!
MOSAC: Up Close is designed for campers in 1st – 6th grade. Each day, campers will participate in exhibit exploration, hands-on activities, art projects, and group games that align with the theme of the day. Themes include space, nature, engineering, and water & power. Campers will build relationships and skills while learning more about the world around them!
- Week 1: Monday, April 3rd – Thursday, April 6th, from 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Week 2: Tuesday, April 11th – Friday, April 14th, from 9:00am – 4:00pm
Note: the same themes and activities will be taught for both weeks
Member Price: $260 per camper per week
Non-Member Price: $280 per camper per week